Tam T.’s Story - Haunted House

This was back in the eighties when my spouse and I rented a large 3 story 7 bedroom house. This was a beautiful home in an area with historic homes and close to the water. My husband and I just had our first child so we wanted a home to raise our daughter in. The first week we moved in the home, we noticed a strange, unusual, protection scroll above the front door that looked like Japanese or Chinese writing in our house.  My husband actually left it above our door, which I thought was bizarre, but didn’t argue. I was a new mom and was exhausted I just wanted to get everything unpacked and organized. We decided to put our bedrooms upstairs on the 3rd floor. There was a great room with a view of the bay and a master bath. A perfect size room for our baby’s nursery. The first week sleeping upstairs, was so uncomfortable. We kept hearing music that wasn’t even English, but I couldn’t tell you what language it was. It was very perplexing. It just felt as if you were being attacked. The bed would shake and you could tell it wanted to scare us. We freaked out and moved our rooms to the main floor of the home.  My husband actually sealed that third story door with a padlock. The master bedroom on the main floor had an adjacent room for the baby, so we moved the nursery close to our room. We awoke that night to our 3 month-old baby screaming in terror. It was around 2 am and we saw that all the bars in the middle of crib were pulled out. I was terrified. This thing was evil and wanted to harm my child. I told my husband as soon as we could we were getting out of this house. Later that week, luckily the baby was with me when we were locked in the bathroom while my husband was at work and we could not get out. It was a horrible experience to be held in captivity. I was exhausted when my husband got home and decided to take a nap on the couch. I awoke to a man standing over me and he had both hands around my throat and was choking me. Then he let go quickly when my husband entered the room to see what was going on. That was the last straw for me, we left the house. We just took our essentials and got out. I didn’t want to go back into that house it scared the hell out of me. I had important things I had to go back for that were upstairs in that house. So I snuck back in without telling my husband. I entered that home by myself. I went upstairs to collect the few boxes that had family heirlooms and that strange oriental-like music started playing loudly. Scarred the heck out of me. I never went back to that house again. Just after we moved out of that house, we were contacted by the police. They were looking for the owner of the home and said his family reported him missing. My first thought, well if you believe in ghosts, I know where your missing person is located, but I didn’t. I kept my mouth shut and never spoke of that experience to anyone until now and will never again.

From Tam T.